Victoria, Princess Royal (Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa; 21 November 1840 – 5 August 1901) was German Empress and Queen of Prussia as the wife of German Emperor Frederick III. She was the eldest child of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha , and was created Princess Royal in 1841.
The Princess Victoria, Princess Royal (Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa; 21 November 1840 – 5 August 1901) was the eldest child and daughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. She was created Princess Royal of the United Kingdom in 1841.
- 21 November 1840
- 5 August 1901 (aged 60)
Vittoria di Sassonia-Coburgo-Gotha, nome completo: Victoria Adelaide Mary Louise (Londra, 21 novembre 1840 – Schloss Friedrichshof, 5 agosto 1901), nata principessa reale del Regno Unito, fu regina di Prussia e imperatrice di Germania come sposa di Federico III di Germania. Era la primogenita della regina Vittoria e di Alberto di Sassonia-Coburgo-Gotha.
- Victoria Adelaide Mary Louise
- Augusta di Sassonia-Weimar-Eisenach
- 9 marzo 1888 –, 15 giugno 1888
- Augusta Vittoria di Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg
- Early Life and Education
- Personal Life
- Later Years and Death
- Titles, Styles, Honours and Arms
Victoria Alexandra Olga Maria was born on 6 July 1868 at Marlborough House, London. She was the fourth child of Albert Edward, Prince of Wales and his wife Alexandra, Princess of Wales. Victoria's father was the eldest son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Her mother was the eldest daughter of King Christian IX and Queen Louise of Denmark. Among...
In 1885, Victoria was a bridesmaid at the wedding of her aunt Princess Beatrice to Prince Henry of Battenberg. She was also a bridesmaid at the wedding of her brother George, Duke of York and Victoria Mary of Teck, the future King and Queen of the United Kingdom. Princess Victoria was educated at home with her sisters. The princess grew up at Marlb...
Between 22 and 24 March 1905, Princess Victoria, along with her mother, her sister Maud (future Queen Maud of Norway) and her brother-in-law Carl (future Haakon VII, King of Norway), made an official visit to Portugal on the royal yacht HMY Victoria and Albert following a visit by the Portuguese monarch to the United Kingdom a year prior. On the fi...
Titles and styles
1. 6 July 1868 – 22 January 1901: Her Royal HighnessPrincess Victoria of Wales 2. 22 January 1901 – 3 December 1935: Her Royal HighnessThe Princess Victoria
1. Imperial Order of the Crown of India, 6 August 1887 2. Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem 3. Member First Class of the Royal Order of Victoria and Albert 4. Royal Family Order of King Edward VII 5. Royal Family Order of King George V
Upon her younger sister's marriage in 1896, Princess Victoria was awarded a personal coat of arms, being the Royal Arms of the United Kingdom, bearing an inescutcheon of the shield of Saxony and differenced with a label argent of five points, the first, third and fifth bearing roses gules, and the second and fourth crosses gules.[self-published source]The inescutcheon was dropped by royal warrant in 1917.
1. Bokhanov, AN (2008). Сердечные тайны дома Романовых (in Russian). Moscow: Veche. p. 79. ISBN 978-5-9533-2760-2. 2. Eilers, A. Marlene (1987). Queen Victoria's Descendants. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co. p. 176. ISBN 9163059649. 3. Gore, John (1941). King George V: a personal memoir. London: J. Murray. p. 436. 4. Nobre, Eduardo (2002). Família Real - Álbum de Fotografia (in Portuguese). Lisboa: Quimera. p. 248. ISBN 9789725890882. 5. Nicholson, Harold (1952). King George t...
File originale (1 590 × 2 000 pixel, dimensione del file: 2,49 MB, tipo MIME: image/jpeg)
English: Portrait of Victoria, Princess Royal (1840-1901) Data 1842 date QS:P571,+1842-00-00T00:00:00Z/9 Tecnica/materiale olio su tela medium QS:P186,Q296955;P186,Q12321255,P518,Q861259 Dimensioni altezza: 79,3 cm; larghezza: 61,7 cm dimensions QS:P2048,79.3U174728 dimensions QS:P2049,61.7U174728 Collezione institution QS:P195,Q1459037
Victoria was the daughter of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (the fourth son of King George III ), and Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld. After the deaths of her father and grandfather in 1820, she was raised under close supervision by her mother and her comptroller, John Conroy.